WHY SUPPORTING UNICEF IS A GOOD THING
Unicef has sometimes gotten a bad wrap for how they work. Some have questioned their actual motives. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jason-hope-explores-internet-things-090000898.html is here to tell you, helping this organization out is a good thing, in spite of the heavy criticism.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS
1) If you want to build a better society and way of life, it starts with the children. It always has. Unicef goes above and beyond with their programs. Giving a child a decent life, is where it all starts.
2) It’s the main reference and point of impact for children. If you want to know more about how to help kids, this organization is one of the leading experts. While some organizations and charities talk the talk, they actually walk the walk. Due to the impact they have made in over 100 countries, their credibility has been earned.
3) There is no middle-man. They actually make the direct contribution themselves. Other groups tend to hire someone who will take care of things, especially financially. This requires a great deal of trust. Unicef bypasses all of that. They deal with everything directly.
4) They only work on voluntary contributions. They never force someone to donate their time or money. They are a non-profit organization. Some groups claim that, but then they work for profit on the side. Unicef is all non-profit. They never take a dime from their people either. What money does get sent in, goes directly to those they are helping.
5) They have worked closely with the Dominican children. Some groups will use the kids, but never actually get involved. Unicef gets involved.
6) They work in accordance with specific government agencies and religious groups. They want to ensure that kids are being treated safely and fairly. They keep an eye on everything that happens. Unicef will use the support of artists and other media stars to further the cause. These people have a platform. They put it to good use. Both the stars and the charity act in direct compliance with certain standards. They aren’t going to do anything to jeopardize a child’s life. Unicef actually puts it’s money where it’s mouth is.
Being a part of Unicef is not just about helping out a good cause. They are doing something that not many groups do. Unicef is actually committed to making a difference, in these kids lives.